Daycare Options During the CCSD 46 Teachers' Strike
The District has made arrangements with the following organizations to provide child care during the teachers' strike beginning Wednesday, January 16, 2013, if necessary. Please be advised of the following:
1025 Old McHenry Rd.
Lake Zurich IL, 60047
1.Foglia will be offering full day care 7:00am-6:00pm for children in Kindergarten -- 8th grade. Registration
will be limited to 30 K-4th graders and 30 5th-8th graders on a first come first serve basis.
2. Foglia will offer the YMCA member rate of $60 a day to all district 46 families during the strike.
3. There is no pre-registration needed, parents can register the day of up until 9:00am.
4. Registration packets can be picked up at the Foglia YMCA, on the Foglia YMCA website, or they can
be emailed to parents. If you would like a registration packet emailed to you please contact either
5. For more detailed information such as daily schedules, field trip locations, and daily activities please
refer to the registration packet.
6. Some day to day activities include but are not limited to field trips, group games, swimming, rock wall
climbing, crafts, snack, movies, and much more!
7. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact the two individuals above.
1. Champions will operate from 6:30 am - 6:00 pm at Prairieview, and open Meadowview only as an overflow.
2. Champions will offer two cost levels:
$20.00 for part day up to four hours. Lunch would be an additional $3.00.
$33.00 for full day care which includes lunch.
3. Champions will waive the registration fee for all new families needing care during the strike.
4. Parents will need to register online for the special rates for the strike and complete all portions of the enrollment process. (Link available soon)
5. If parents have questions, they can call Laura Zuniga, Area Manager, 847-360-0361 or 224-280-4876, or Imelda Rios, Program Coordinator at 847-360-0298.
Champions will not operate at Prairieview for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 1/21/2013. Ordinarily, Champions families would go to Woodland Elementary, so that same schedule will continue to apply.
Grayslake Park District
The Grayslake Park District will be offering two "Strike Camps" as an alternative to parents needing child care during the teachers' strike.
1. Camp service will be available January 16-18 at the Park District Community Center in Grayslake. Spaces are limited due to the size and other programs.
2. An expanded program will be available starting Tuesday, January 22 held at Grayslake Middle School.
3. Camps will run from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm and cost $30/day, $25/day for each additional sibling. Camp is for grades K-8.
4. Activities will include crafts, movies, games, gymnasium activities and sports.
5. Children will need to bring a snack, sack lunch, drink or water bottle daily. There is no refrigeration available.
6. Contact the Grayslake Park District at 847-223-7529 or check the website www.glpd.com for more information.
Round Lake Area Park District
The Round Lake Area Park District's Child Development Center is prepared to offer full-day child care in the event that it is needed throughout a strike. They have prepared a fee schedule in the event it becomes necessary. The fees will be identical to their summer camp fees and the programs will be available to all D46 students:
1. Early Morning Care: 6:30 am - 9:00 am, $45 per week/fulltime, $9 per day/part-time
2. Regular Care: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, $128 per week/fulltime, $26 per day/part-time
3. After Care: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, $39 per week/fulltime, $8 per day/part-time
4. Lunch and snacks would be provided and children would need to bring appropriate clothing for outdoor play each day.
5. Contact the Round Lake Area Park District at RLAPD Childhood Development Center for more information.